Choose your race client
You may choose between two client programs to create the exotic alien
race that will be your people in Voyager. They each have their own pros
and cons. However, they are identical for the purposes of creating legal
races - there is no in-game difference between the races they create.
your browser and runs locally.
- It is fast - the majority of the content only downloads to your browser
- It is responsive - it runs at your end of the connection, on your local
machine, so it can update whenever you make a change to your race.
different browsers, and even has differences across different versions
not work in your browser.
The CGI client runs on the Voyager server. Your browser is sent the HTML
that it outputs.
- It is browser-neutral. Your browser only ever sees vanilla HTML, which
pretty much everything can handle.
- It requires manual updates. To see the effect of any changes you have
made to your race, such as what your point total is or whether an
illegal value is no longer illegal, you have to hit an "Update"
- It is slow. Each time you update the page, an additional 50k
(approximately) must be downloaded from the Voyager server.
first, and if it causes no problems for you, stick with it. If it plays
but you'll want to be on a fairly fast link.